Did you know that September is National Preparedness Month? It may be closer to the end of the year than the beginning, but it’s never too late to prepare for all of the kinds of things life tends to throw our way.
Here is a good list to get started:
· Insurance: Often times we’ve had some insurance plans so long, we can hardly remember what they cover. Whether auto, health, business, or home-owners, once a year it’s a good idea to give all of your insurance plans an audit. As time goes by, kids grow up, and our lives change, so do our insurance needs. Find out if you’re covered for everything you need, as well as whether you are paying for coverage that you don’t need.
· Family Emergency Plan: From weather disasters to power outages that leave people stranded, make sure you have a plan in place for your family in case something happens and you’re not together.
· Financial First Aid: A good rule of thumb is to always have three months’ worth of living expenses saved in case of an emergency. For many, this can feel like an overwhelming task. But often this is simply because they’ve never actually created a budget. Keeping track of your spending and making a plan can make the difference between struggling and saving.
· First Aid Kits and Beyond: Most of us have a few boxes of band aids in the house, but sometimes we need a little more than that. Does everyone in your family know where the nearest hospital is? Do you have emergency numbers posted somewhere that everyone can see? Do your children know how to call 911?
· Fires and Evacuation: Do all of your smoke alarms have good batteries in them? Do all second story bedrooms have a ladder under the bed or some way to get out the window in case of a fire? These and several other details don’t take much time to figure out, and they can make all the difference in the world if ever needed.
Taken one step at a time, these can all be completed rather easily. And being experts on putting systems in place, Morgan Organizers would be more than happy to help you and your family get prepared – whether that means being able to handle an emergency, or being able to enjoy saving money for the future. Give us a call today. 301-787-4010